- To get the birth certificate first you need to visit your nearest District Statistical Officer and check the details about your registration details so that you can apply for the certificate
- You need to pay Rs 5/- for the copy of the certificate in the statistical office.
- They will be checking all the details in the records and accordingly they will prepare the certificate.
- You need to carry some documents with your as a proof before issuing the certificate. This can help in completing the process faster.
Procedure to apply for birth certificate in Bangalore through online.
The birth certificate can be issued online by visiting website that is authorized to issue the certificate. One can visit www.bangaloreone.gov.in where you can apply for the birth certificate. You need to first check out your registration website to see your childs name has been registered and accordingly you apply for birth certificate. You can do all the transaction online and have to wait for some days to get the birth certificate verified and delivered to your home.
- Proof of place of birth(where the child has born) from medical institution.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations and Contacts
Mini Vidhana Soudha 2nd floor, D.C. Officer Compound Tumkur- 572102
Phone No and STD Code:2278782; 2278453 and 0816
- Persons required to register the births within the prescribed period of 21 (twenty one) days from the date of birth.
For births in a house
- The head of the house/ household, and if he is not present at any time during the period within which the birth/ death has to be reported, then the nearest relative present in the house or the oldest adult male person present in the house during the said period
For births in a hospital or health centre or a maternity or nursing home or other like institutions
- The medical officer in charge or any person authorized by him on his behalf
For births in a choultry, chattram, hostel, dharamshala, boarding-house, lodging-house, tavern, barrack, toddy shop or place of public resort
- The person in charge
For new-born child in a public place
The headman or the corresponding officer of the village in the case of a village, the officer in charge of the local police station elsewhere.
Fees for computerized and manual records certificates
- Service Charge: Rs. 25.00
- Additional Copy: Rs. 5.00
Additional (Optional) Charges
- Name inclusion (if requested ): Rs. 25.00
- Courier fees: Rs. 10.00
- Lamination (if Requested): Rs. 10.00
- Any birth of which information is given to the Registrar after the expiry of 21 days from the date of occurrence but within 30 days of the same, shall be registered on payment of a late fee of Rs.2/- (Rupees Two only).
- Any birth of which information is given to the Registrar after thirty days but within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only with the written permission of the Tahsildar/Commissioner/Chief officer as the case may be, on payment of a late fee of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five only).
- Any birth which has not been registered within one year of its occurrence, shall be registered only on an order of a Magistrate of the first class or a Presidency Magistrate, on payment of a late fee of Rs.10/- (Rupees Ten only).
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969) to register every birth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
Issuance of birth certificate in the following locations
- 17 sub-health offices
- In government hospitals
- Bangalore Mahanagar Palike larger the designated clinic
- The Corporation’s main office
The birth certificate is a very important document which serves various purposes throughout life. This is the main document that proves your age. Birth registration is compulsory and when the birth was registered within 21 days, so it is a very easy process. Between 21 to 30 days after birth and shall certify MOH will charge a penalty of Rs 25. After 30 days and within a year the Joint Director, Statistics can issue a birth certificate. 50 rupees for it and fined an affidavit (affidavit) is required to submit. The citizens of Karnataka can get help through the help line numbers 080-22253758 / 080-22863025.
- Name of the Father, Age and Occupation
- Name of the Mother
- Date of Birth and Sex of Child
- Place of Birth
- Name of Hospital and Address
- Name of Nursing Home and Address
- At home and Address
- Residential address at the time of Birth
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of ones birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving licence or passport.
Location : Dc office | City : Tumkur | PIN Code : 572101