Department General Information:
Karnataka Treasury Department was initiated from 11-10-1963 with including 216 Treasuries functioning across the State, of them 31 are District level Treasuries and 185 are Sub Treasuries at Taluk and Sub Taluk levels. Among them Tumakuru District is one of the nearest treasury to Head Office Bangalore which is situated in Deputy Commissioner Office Building also called as Mini Vidhana Soudha Opposite to Court Road in Tumakuru. This treasury includes 9 taluk sub treasuries and also this is one of the biggest treasury in the Karnataka State.
This Treasury has the posts like Assistant Treasury Officers, Head Accountant, First Division Assistant, Second Division Assistant, D-Groups are controlled by District Treasury Officer.
The Nine Sub Treasuries are named as
In Sub Treasuries Gazzetted Sub Treasury Officer is head of the office and controlling officer to the Head Accountant, First Division Assistant, Second Division Assistant and D-Group. These sub treasuries are also controlled by District Treasury Officer.
All the officials of the Treasury have follow protocols while monitor the activities of financial according to Karnataka Financial Act 1958, Karnataka Treasury Act 1963, Karnataka Citizen Services Rules 1957 and also abide to the Orders and Circulars often issued by Government and Accountant General’s Circulars
In Our Treasuries we are passing the Bills of ZillaPanchayat, Taluk Panchayat, Government and Grand-In-Aid Institutions.
Transparency in Treasury
Transaction:To enhance the transparency in treasury transactions, the FIFO (First- In-First-Out) system is introduced in all the treasuries. The system will decide the seniority of the bill as soon as the bill is entered and clears it on FIFO basis. Interactive Voice Response System has been introduced to facilitate the DDOs to know the status of bill in treasuries by a mere Phone call.
Budget Control: The system controlled budget monitoring is an important feature of this Project. The budget releases by the Head of Department (CCO) to COs are uploaded to the central server at treasury network management centre after due verification by the system. They are transferred to the COs across the state in the district servers immediately. A similar budget distribution by the COs at district level to their implementing officers (DDOs) is uploaded at the district treasuries which are again after system validations is passed to the taluk server immediately. This budget distribution is released with full particulars up to the last item of expenditure, by the time the treasury officer captures the details of the bill into the system, the system already has the information regarding the funds released for this particular scheme/DDO. If the fund is available, the bill will be cleared, otherwise system raises an objection. This has eliminated the over drawl of funds and misclassification.
New Pension Scheme :-
This is the new scheme established by central government and effected to those employees appointed after 01-04-2006. The transactions belonging to NPS are happening through Treasury Department . The services pertains to NPS are Subscriber Registration belong to other departments, DDO registration are conveying through Treasury Department to CRA(Central Record Keeping Agency).
Service to Income Tax Department :
Through salary and work bills according to Income tax instruction to collect the Income tax payment are collecting from DDOs by this department and reported back to Income tax department by uploading the data to Income tax department website in 24 G format.
Concerning to Tumakuru District Treasury, we have around more than 25,000 service pensioners and providing them well services and they are also satisfied with our services.
Social Security Pensions are the major schemes and contribution to the public by Government has been effectively managing in Tumakuru District. Social Security Pensions are categorized into different schemes they are named as Old Age Pension, Indira Gandhi Pension, Physically Handicapped Pension, SandhyaSuaksha Yojane, Destitute Widow Pensions and others two which are recently announced by Government are Manaswini and Mythri. Totally 2.20 lakh people have taken the advantage of these schemes through Tumakuru Treasuries.
In the past the above Social Security Pensions have reached to Public individually not in an order for every month through Money Orders. But with improvement in Khajane Software , by using Electronic Money Order system in Tumakuru Treasuries these social security pensions have reached the pensioners effectively for every month with the help of Post Office, Tumakuru and Social Security pensioners are also satisfied by this system .
Statistical Information About Freedom Fighters and Social Security Pensioners :-
Objectives of the Department
- Integrated Electronic Platform to all stake holders.
- Payments to and from the government made convenient to the public using E-Mode.
- Transparency in management of Public Finances.
- Enhanced reporting tools and utilities made available to all stake holders.
- Network all the Treasuries for easy access and better control.
- Monitor all the transactions through the central server, Online.
- Eliminate all systemic deficiencies.
- Introduce effective budget monitoring and ways and means to control through the system
- Automate generation of monthly accounts and
- Set up a Comprehensive Financial Management Information System (FMIS) for better management of state finances and contribute for meaningful review of progress of various schemes.
Visions Of Khajane :
- Generation of daily accounts of the State, prepared with a high degree of accuracy and generation of accurate monthly accounts within 2-3 days of month end;
- Generation of daily cash position of the State including payments and receipts that are in the Pipeline;
- Online system for release of funds;
- ECS payments for a substantial number (over 90%) of payments;
- Online visibility of Personal Deposit (PD) accounts, to PD account holders and facilitating direct payment from PD accounts;
- Online tax and non-tax payment facility and bank payment option for citizens;
- Centralized pensioners database;
- Eliminating redundancy in data entry for a large proportion of transactions through:
- Bill submission by DDOs and Integration with HRMS;
- Releases to be electronically incorporated directly through inputs from Finance Department or Line Departments;
- Changes to the budget (Re-appropriations, Additionalities, Supplementaries) to be electronically incorporated in Khajane II system.
- Reconciliation between Agency Banks with the treasury and Treasury with the Accountant General.
- Real-time information regarding receipts, fund releases, scheme wise expenditure details to both finance and stakeholder departments;
- Comprehensive Management Information System reports and Decision Support Systems;
- The proposed system plans to implement the following Business Process Re-engineering.
- Online bill generation & submission.
- Implementation of workflow for driving approval process.
- Use of electronic funds transfer for making payments.