Niranthara Jyothi Yojane

Date : 01/03/2014 - 01/01/2016 | Sector: rural Areas (rural households)

Niranthara Jyothi Scheme is a major project implemented by Government of Karnataka. The Scheme was taken up on pilot basis during 2008-09. The scheme is implemented in two phases covering 129 Taluks at a total cost of Rs. 2123crores.

The cost of implementation of Phase-1 is Rs. 1203 Crores and for Phase-2 is Rs. 920 Crores. The Government of Karnataka has approved the implementation of Niranthara Jyothi scheme at a total cost of Rs 2123 Crores with 40% equity and ESCOMs to borrow the remaining 60% of the project cost as loan.

NJY Physical Progress as on 31.03.2018

Sl. No. Name of the ESCOM No. of Taluks No. of proposed 11kV NJ feeders % Progress
1 BESCOM 40 542 100%
2 CESC 24 370 97%
3 HESCOM 34 444 100%
4 HRECSL 01 19 84%
5 GESCOM 30 355 95%
Total 129 1730 1700

Beneficiary:

Farmers

Benefits:

Entire State to ensure 24-hour power supply in rural areas (excluding irrigation pumpsets)